This post brought to you by North American Property Services. All opinions are 100% mine.
Winter is here, and it’s a great time to do some deep cleaning to help keep your home germ-free. North American Property Services, which is headquartered in Denver, CO, and is one of the top janitorial service companies in the United States, has ten key tips for cleaning your home this winter.
If you work from home like I do, these are great tips to help keep yourself healthy and your workspace productive! These ten steps can protect you from the winter colds and flu that otherwise may slow you down or take you out of the game for a few days. As one who does not enjoy housework, I can say these may not be the most fun things to do. However, it is vitally important to keep your living and work environment clean to keep yourself healthy.
Ten Key Tips for Cleaning Your Home This Winter
- Be extra careful about hand washing with soap so you do not spread germs from room to room.
- Routinely disinfect high touch areas such as door handles, TV remotes, and keyboards for all devices, such as tablets and laptops. Don’t forget all of your phones, including the landline and cell phones.
- Dust carries germs and grime, so wiping down with disinfecting solutions will not only make your house cleaner, but it will remove germs that can cause the common cold and flues. Look for places that dust settles, such as fan blades, window ledges, and walls to wipe away germs. Don’t forget to clean your light bulbs, which has the added benefit of brightening the house on these short winter days. Another thing to clean is the dust balls under furniture and in the corners of floors.
- Dust more often, as your heating system circulates dust, dirt and germs.
- Keep mops handy to dry-mop floors regularly, especially around high-traffic areas of the house.
- On warmer days, clean interior windows, another germ collector in your house.
- Deep clean your carpets every year to eliminate grime and germs. A good time of year to do this is after the holidays so any spills from your holiday celebrations will be washed away.
- Scrub the grout in your bathroom with a powerful disinfectant to remove germs that spread between family members.
- Take your shoes off at the door. Think about all the places you walk and the germs that hitch hike into your home. Taking your shoes off will greatly reduce indoor pollutants.
- The best winter floor care program is to continue to clean and maintain floor surfaces with extra mopping and scrubbing around the entryways.
Be sure to follow North American Property Services on Facebook and Twitter to get more helpful tips throughout the year: