Guest Blogger Guidelines – Please Read
updated: March 22, 2017
If you read nothing else, please read this first section on guidelines about follow & nofollow links
We are in the dawn of a new era where Google is more prone than ever to take action against both the host site and the linked-to site if they deem a post to be “spam” intended purely for SEO. Therefore, we reserve the right to nofollow any keyword-rich anchor text. Per Google’s “Link schemes” documentation, “guest posting campaigns with keyword-rich anchor text links” are considered unnatural (see: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356?hl=en). We welcome informative and educational articles on a variety of topics that are of interest to small business. We love our contributors, and often allow “follow” links when contributors have taken time to craft a great post, but we have to take the necessary steps to protect our site and yours/those you are linking to in your post.
If you are offering us a paid post, banner ad, or writing something that is promotional in nature or that is essentially an advertisement in the form of a contributor post, that’s welcome, too–as a paid advertisement with rel=”nofollow” links.
We reserve the right to reject any sponsored post request, just as we reserve the right to reject any contributor’s post request. Contact us for more information about sponsored posts and advertisements.
Rabid Office Monkey is a site focused on issues facing entrepreneurs, small business owners, managers, marketers, and others involved in small business. Our aim is to create a community of small business marketing, sales, and other subject-matter experts and practitioners sharing news, tips, and advice. We welcome contributor blog posts that support the aims of this site and provide news, insights, and tips to our audience.
Blog post content
- Content must be contributor blogger’s own original work and not published anywhere else prior to posting to rabidofficemonkey.com.
- Once you’ve submitted your post to us, you may not publish this post anywhere else online to prevent duplicate content issues.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. When quoting others, contributor bloggers should cite sources accordingly.
- Please keep your submission between 250 – 1,000 words.
- Rabid Office Monkey welcomes images and/or video to accompany contributor blog posts. Rabid Office Monkey prefers that images that contributing authors provide are directly relevant to the post content. We reserve the right to reject images that may not be appropriate for this site.
- If you’re including pictures of people, please make sure you have their permission to use them. Contributing authors are responsible for securing permission.
- If you’re borrowing an image, we require proper attribution to the creator of the image.
- Contributors should ensure that images are no larger than 8MB (Maximum image size: 8MB).
- Images may be resized to fit our page format.
- Rabid Office Monkey is pleased to give you credit as the contributing author of your post. Each contributing author will have a brief bio associated with his or her post on which we will link your website and requested professional and social media profiles.
- We don’t allow links to your site within the post content unless it is directly related to the topic. We reserve the right to make these links no “nofollow” links.
- You may not include search optimized anchor tags to your site/your client’s site.
- Excessive links or any links that appear spammy will be removed.
- Rabid Office Monkey reserves the right to make edits to the piece where necessary to ensure the blog meets the tone and values of our site.
- If a post is inappropriate or needs improvement, we’ll let you know and offer suggestions so that we can publish it in the future.
- Rabid Office Monkey reserves the right to refuse publication, remove blog content, and change these guidelines as we see fit.
- By submitting your post to rabidofficemonkey.com, you grant us an exclusive license to publish and promote the content.